March 8, 2009

Come fall...


Come fall, we hope to welcome a new baby into the family. Uta will finally realize his long held dream of being a big brother. He is already busy with his new role. Every night he whispers to my belly things that I can't hear. He told me he wishes he could stay home from school and talk to the baby all day long. A lucky baby indeed, to be so dearly loved already. On the day I first heard the heartbeat it snowed so much that they actually cancelled NYC public schools. Uta got to come with me to see the midwife. It was such a precious moment shared with Uta, I could never have planned it more perfectly. He got to hold the heartbeat monitor and said the baby sounded like a squirrel. Uta has chosen a name for the little one that he is certain will be just perfect. Cucumber.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Ohhh, How Happy! Congratulations to all of you. Siblings make the greatest friends...sooner or later. Hooray for you!