May 29, 2009

How to crochet


I don’t know how to function when Uta is sick. I can care for him adeptly, which is good, but beyond that I become utterly useless. It isn’t such a terrible thing I suppose, but when there is nothing to be done for him, when he is asleep, or watching a movie in a Motrin stupor, it does no good at all for me to stand by with idle hands. I hover and pace about the boy as if my state of readiness in and of itself will return him to good health. He has been sick all week with high fever, pretty much napping on and off the entire time. That’s a lot of hours clocked by me doing nothing. I wish I knew how to crochet; I could have made a complete layette for the coming baby. Not to worry though, Uta is on the mend. No fever today, he seems to be on the road back to himself.

No comments: