March 8, 2010

Street find


I'm definitely a fan of street finds. One man's trash.... as the saying goes. Our apartment is already sprinkled with rescues from the curb. So it is no surprise that Uta too likes to scavenge. He fell in love with this chair, left out on the sidewalk with the trash, and begged and pleaded, nearly in tears, to be allowed to take it home. I agreed as long as I did not have to assist him. I was already weighted down with more than my fair share of things (and people!) to carry. So Uta carted this chair, which he simply could not go on living without, from Second Avenue in Manhattan to our second floor apartment in Queens. It came in very convenient when waiting for the train, and on the train when he couldn't find a seat. And now it sits in our kitchen, squeakier and creakier than any other chair on earth, I'm sure. It may get a coat of paint soon, Uta is thinking gold, I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Shanta said...

So cute! Miss you guys. I hope everything is well. Can't wait until we can visit again. ((HUGS))