September 15, 2010

Summer is done

Uta is back to school, which means we are all back to days dictated by the clock. Each day already feels scheduled down to the minute. I am trying in earnest to draw despite the demands of daily life. In Japan I did a lot of drawing. Without the burden of home, a happy traveling gypsy, I had the luxury of time with nothing pressing to do. So I drew. I drew everywhere and anywhere. But back in NYC, life does not offer up free time without a bit of a fight. I am currently fighting for my time, fiercely protecting it from the kitchen sink, and other inane activities that seem to drain away my life. Uta told me that if I want to get any drawings done I have to draw all the time. It sounds extreme, but he is right. If I try to draw a little every day I will most likely not draw at all. But if I try to draw all day long, I will end up drawing a little. A little is not just a little better than nothing. A little is huge. It puts me on the positive side. A little makes me very happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a huge fan of yours from
Maine,boy have I missed reading your blogs.I pop on every night to see what Uta and family are doing. :) Glad you found some time for you.