January 11, 2010

Sleeping like a baby

I am tired. I'm bumping into walls, leaving burners on, staring blankly into faces I ought to recognize, tired. I didn't know I had it so good (waking every three hours to nurse Kiki back to sleep), until it got a whole lot worse. Lately Kizuki is waking hourly. And not just in need of resettling, she is wide awake and ready for the diversions of day; eyes open, arms flapping, legs kicking, screeching with delight. On top of all that, she has landed her first cold. So even when she wants to sleep her stuffy nose, coughing, and general drippy state pose more than a few challenges. My trusty baby book says that at four months teething can begin, night-waking resumes, and the honeymoon is over. I wasn't aware I was on a honeymoon. But, yes, it is certainly over. Sleeping like a baby? No, not quite.

No comments: