August 31, 2008

Hey, where's the peacock?


I have come face to face with a very ripe deadline. In exactly fifteen days I have to send a healthy lot of drawings to Istanbul for a show. As of today, there is nothing finished. Commence panic mode. I must confess I love the crunch time of a deadline, so rare is it to have one post school, I tend to savour the madness of it. Uta however...

He let it slip that he hates drawing. What?! He tried to laugh it off, but its true, I have not given birth to someone who likes to draw. Drawing as a means to play he's all for, if it can be cut out, reassembled and transformed into an action figure, he's on board. But just tacked to a wall, lying flat like mine, not his cup of tea. The photos seen here may lead one to believe otherwise. This drawing session lasted about thirty seconds, only long enough to snap these pictures. Oh well.

Uta prefers to observe. When I am drawing he often comes to comment on my progress. Today he was delighted to spot a peacock in one of the drawings. But a couple hours later when he checked again the peacock was gone. He cried. He decided the peacock was just wearing a dress and then went back to his legos.

No comments: