September 1, 2008

The Glorious Gift (a follow up for Aunt B)


In a previous post I mentioned that Uta received a 'glorious gift' from Baba and Jiji, but I neglected to say exactly what that gift was. I must confess I have kept somewhat ignorant about the specifics. In my opinion, it is an oversized, very noisy, colorful plastic belt that Uta, for reasons inexplicable to me, gets endless pleasure from. But maybe Uta can do a better job explaining...

(What did Baba and Jiji give you for your birthday?) A 'Kiba' belt. (What's that?) It's a bat that has a belt and little card things that make it change colors and say different things. Actually they are not cards, well maybe they are. But one is a werewolf. (What does it do?) The bat bites and talks. When it bites you it changes you into Kiba. (Who is Kiba?) Kiba is a regular person who makes violins. The bat lives in a violin without strings that rings when there is trouble. Kiba wears the bat on his belt and together they fight bad guys, of course.

Here's a picture of Kiba.

No comments: