November 4, 2008

Election Day

Yesterday Uta's class visited the fifth grade to cast their vote. The fifth graders had made polling booths and ballots. Only three people in Uta's class voted for McCain, the rest were Obama 'supporters'. Today Uta is home enjoying a Saturday on a Tuesday, as he is fond of saying. He spent election day making spider webs from pipe cleaners (including a resident black widow) and two lego ships. He also made up a batch of Danny Dip to go along with his pretzels. (Danny dip is a childhood recipe courtesy of cousin Dan; equal parts mustard and mayo (preferably Kewpie) to taste.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Danny dip"! Six years of marriage and I had no idea this delicacy had a bona fide nomenclature. I guess Dan's longstanding assertion that he "invented Dijonaise" have SOME basis in reality!

Tina said...

Its really true. At least that's what I grew up believing, and who am I to doubt Dan! But I also believed that my brother could turn water into real rocks by spinning it through his toy cement truck.