October 8, 2009

Confession


This little girl makes me work for her sleep. It's unbelievable how much jiggling, bouncing, swaying, dancing, and pacing I must do to achieve even a little slumber time. I'll try anything, and have, to lull her into dreams. I discovered, through desperate efforts, that the sound of running water works like magic. But this means standing with her in the bathroom with the faucet running at full force. I am willing to abandon any and all environmental morals if it means a little sleep for the baby (and me!), but I'm not so crazy about standing in the bathroom through the wee hours of the night. So I thought, embarrassing though it is to confess, there must be an 'App' for that. (My mother, for one, will not know what that means... App: a little program, game or tool of some kind, that you can put on your phone.) Sure enough there is. A free App called WhiteNoise. 'Extreme Rain Pouring' works like a charm. Uta prefers 'Beach Waves Crashing', but on this matter he doesn't get to vote. Besides, I think he's just being contrary.

No comments: