October 15, 2009

Pink


I thought that it could be avoided, but apparently the power of pink is far greater than I could ever have imagined. We started off in the clear, or so I thought, with a box full of boy hand me downs. Kizuki has been wearing green and yellow and even the forbidden blue! I thought we had that other color beat. But it was just laying in wait for the perfect opportunity to strike. This weekend the skies opened up, and pink pink PINK fell upon us from every which where. It was an ambush like no other. Kizuki made her debut into the world to visit family and was showered with gifts. Everything we received is wonderful and much needed and, yes, PINK! All of it! Piles of packages, from many well intentioned loved ones, on two different continents, who apparently are all in cahoots. I know when I am beat. I am powerless to pink. Pink reigns on. 

But why? Can anyone explain? I can think of nothing so lovely in nature that is the color pink. Oh sure there must be a few flowers, but what comes to mind first are pigs and raw meat, frozen toes and pimples. Am I missing something obvious? I must be. Don't get me wrong, I like the color, I do. I especially like the extremely pretty baby clothes we are now in possession of. I just don't understand why Pink has hijacked the wardrobe of little girls across the globe. That said, Kizuki will be very stylin in her new digs, pink from head to toe, Monday through Sunday, from here on out.  


1 comment:

Shanta said...

I never understood the conspiracy that is pink! One of my most dreaded colors as a girl.

Hugs to all!