September 27, 2009

Thank You Grandma!



Though I never imagined it possible, Grandma managed to make it to our house with time to spare for the arrival of Kizuki. I guess that was the one and only benefit of a surprisingly long labor. (Everyone kept telling me the second one is faster and easier. Not so! But that's a story for another time, I'm not ready to relive it just yet.)  Grandma's presence at the birth was indispensable. She quickly settled in as Uta's birth coach, which meant escaping to the bedroom to play. They reemerged for the exciting part, my little peanut gallery, hooting and hollering with excitement at the appearance of the head, and then the great round crying face that soon followed. Kizuki was born sunny side up, lungs and voice in full use before her body even emerged. 

Grandma stayed to help us through the first week with Kizuki. She kept up with the laundry and the dishes and most importantly showered Uta with so much love that he hardly noticed or cared that my attention had settled on someone new.

No comments: