September 19, 2009

Walk it down

The reach of love for this baby seems to extend beyond the four corners of the globe. So many are cheering her on, waiting her arrival on the very edge of their seats. The support pouring in is breathtaking and every ounce is felt and deeply appreciated.

We have ceased making any predictions or growing hopeful over subtle changes. Babies don't know their due dates, but they do know better than anyone when to enter this world. We are doing our best to simply trust in the perfect intelligence of nature. There is still time before any medical concerns need be addressed, and it is best for the baby if she is given her due time in the womb. (Can you tell I am trying to convince myself of this as I write?)

Of course it is a challenge to stand idly by... so I am doing what I can to appease this loss of control. They say walking is helpful, do they say that of everything? I suspect its just good medicine for nearly any and all to get a little more oxygen flowing.... but regardless it is advice I have chosen to heed. Today was sun drenched and beautiful. Uta circled me near and far on his bike as I walked around and around the park for hours. 

No comments: