September 1, 2009

Limbo

We are still waiting. Like standing in an open field during a lightening storm, waiting to get struck down. Too ominous? Perhaps. Maybe its more like waiting to win the lottery. Or more accurately a blend of the two. The only difference being, that regardless of how miraculous, frightening, and truly unlikely giving birth to another human being feels, it is imminent. In fact, at this stage I would be hard pressed to find a way around it. This baby will come out. Well, that is what people are saying. I can't stay pregnant forever, right? It is still so hard to believe that all these achey weary weeks, 39 and counting, will at last culminate in a sweet new face that no one has yet to lay eyes on. I've done it before, Uta is living proof, but then too, I couldn't fully grasp the reality of it until I held him in my hands.

No comments: